Call for Applications: Takemi Fellowship at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public HealthSeptember 19, 2018
Good Assessment Practices in Higher Education: Improving Teaching and LearningOctober 2, 2018
The Association of African Universities in collaboration with University of Mauritius wish to invite delegates for the LEGAL ISSUES, PROCUREMENT & CONTRACT MANAGEMENT IN HEIs EXECUTIVE SEMINAR which will be held at Ebene-Mauritius on November 20-23, 2018. The workshop will introduce participants to a wide range of issues around:
- The powers and functions of a University as a creature of Statute,
- Vetting and preparing of commercial agreements and other legal documents,
- Procurement of Commercial agreements and due diligence processes,
- Human resource contract management – conflict of staff interests: Statutory/Policy restrictions,
- Labour law aspects: staff contracting with a University for goods/services: Employer versus employee rights/remedies
- Emerging issues in Sexual Harassment Policy (Case Reviews)
- Legal Regime for Consultancy and External Works
- Data Protection
- School Discipline and Fair Hearings (Case Reviews)
Who should attend?
- Vice Chancellors
- University Legal Counsel
- Directors of legal Affairs
- Deans of Students Affairs
- Deans of Faculties
- Heads of Departments
- Campus Managers.
You are required to pay a participation fee of USD$600 per participant which will cover workshop expenses such as programme materials, tea/coffee and lunches and excludes accommodation and travel arrangements for the duration of the workshop.
Registration link: https://www.research.net/r/9QT85K8