Call to Celebrate the African University WeekNovember 12, 2017
AAU partners with Educational Technology Companies to host inaugural EduTech ForumNovember 23, 2017
The Joint ACE I and ACE II Projects workshop was concluded on a high note at the La Palm Royal Beach Hotel in Accra Ghana (9 November 2017). The key take away message for the ACE I and ACE II universities was that they must continue the great work that they are doing and improve in areas where they were lagging behind.
The third and last day of the workshop featured four main sessions.
- The University Industry Linkages Session was facilitated by Javier Botero (Lead education specialist, World Bank. The session contained three presentations of international and African case studies. These presentations highlighted successes, lessons learnt and what the ACEs can do to strengthen University- Industry Linkages.
- The second session featured the thematic reports of proceedings from the various parallel sessions held on days one and two. The reports from the Agriculture, Health, and STEM teams captured discussions on Centre management, challenges, improving collaborations and securing their universities’ full support, among others.
- The third session was the wrap-up for the ACE project workshop. Thefacilitators of both ACE I and ACE II projects made presentations. The World Bank Team shared information on the upcoming ACE III Project – and covered the objectives/goals, selective process and timelines. The key next steps over the next 6 months were also discussed and these include Financial and Procurement Reporting Milestones; Verification and Disbursements; General implementation support and supervision; Country /regional level milestones and ACE Extension and Reallocation.
- The day ended with an official closing ceremony followed by field visits to the WACCI and WACCBIP Centers of Excellence both situated at the University of Ghana campus.
Please complete the online Workshop Evaluation Survey
One of the most important methods that we use to improve the organization of our meetings is to conduct an online feedback survey at the end of each meeting. We therefore plead that you take 10 minutes of your valuable time to complete this survey because it will help us to know how we have done. This is the link to the survey: https://www.research.net/r/2017-ACEI-II
Useful Links for Downloads
- Workshop Presentations Collected: https://tinyurl.com/y8vohhdp
- News Report by the Ghana news Agency: https://tinyurl.com/yavq5c8b
- ACE article on IUCEA website: https://tinyurl.com/ya6se2ml
- All Workshop Photos: https://tinyurl.com/yb4ppmsk
- Workshop Evaluation Survey Link: http://www.research.net/r/2017-ACEI-II