AAU-AfriQAN is building on its current quality assurance initiatives and experience by mounting an annual Quality Assurance for Higher Education Leaders (QAHEL) Workshop Series to enlighten the leadership of universities on current developments on quality assurance arena and provide a forum where they can share ideas and learn from one another for the good of higher education in Africa.
The QAHEL initiative is expected to significantly contribute to strengthening the capacity of the universities to deliver on their core business. Knowledge gained will be shared among institutional colleagues and other stakeholders, as well as guide and inform current work, structure and future programming on quality assurance on campus.
The objectives of the 2018 QAHEL Workshop are to:
- share information on current developments in the field of quality assurance in higher education among university leadership;
- Share identified quality assurance good practices and what makes a good university vice chancellor;
- Strengthen the professional capacity of emerging Quality Assurance units in universities; and
- Assist and support discussions on Quality Assurance issues through exchange of ideas and information.
The expected outcomes from the exercise include:
- Strengthened quality assurance capacity of new university leaders.
- Common knowledge of recent developments on quality assurance.
- Promotion of QA culture among higher education institutions.
The QAHEL resource persons will be seasoned and internationally reputed quality assurance experts such as Prof. Peter Okebukola (former NUC Executive Secretary and current President of GUNi-Africa),
QAHEL Target Audience
- Vice chancellors/rectors/presidents of African universities (public and private).
- Leaders of other higher education institutions in Africa.
- CEOs of quality assurance agencies in Africa.
QAHEL Course Content
The QAHEL workshop facilitators will develop the workshop modules which will address topical issues on Quality Assurance. Each workshop will be participatory and based on real-life experiences of what works and what does not work. The content will include:
- Understanding African Higher Education Leadership.
- New Developments in Quality Assurance.
- The Key Role of the Higher Education Leader in Assuring Quality on Campus.
- What Works and What does not Work in Quality Assurance.
Course Fee: US$600 per participant (fee covers accommodation at IBIS Lagos Airport Hotel (3 nights only – 19th , 20th & 21st June), workshop package including course materials, tea break, lunch, dinner, meeting rooms, facilitation and related logistics).
Registration/Payment: Participants should register online using the following link: https://www.research.net/r/Qahel18
Closing date for registration is Friday, 15th June 2018.
Duration: Two (2) days.
Date: 20th – 21st June 2018
Venue: IBIS Lagos Airport Hotel, Lagos, Nigeria
Time: 9.00am – 4.00pm daily.
Please access the concept note for this workshop here – QAHEL Workshop_Lagos 2018 Final
For further information, contact:
Prof. Jonathan Mba