The Association of African Universities (AAU), an international non-governmental organization (NGO) with headquarters in Accra, Ghana, was set up in November 1967 by universities in Africa to promote cooperation among themselves and between them and the international academic community. The AAU has been designated the principal implementing agency for the higher education component of the African Union’s “2nd Decade for Education for Africa”. The AAU operates in three different languages namely English, French and Arabic.
Upon this background AAU wishes to extend invitations to French Expert to teach its staff.
The classes will be organized to cover a period of six months and will be open to all the professional staff of the AAU. The consultant will prepare and use an innovative to prepare and deliver content and document same for the participants of the training programme. This will ensure beneficiaries are at the end of the course able to
- Communicate in basic French
- Respond to mails in basic French
- Read and have a general idea of a mail or letter written in French
- The developed content for delivery of the French lessons will be seen as a property of the Association of African University and will accordingly be submitted to the AAU by the end of the programme.
QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR THE EXPERT
- Having a master degree or higher degree in French language
- Considerable experience in the area of delivering French tutorials in a working environment
Duration of assignment
Classes will be held twice a week for 50 weeks. Each session will last for a minimum of 2 hours and will cover instructions and assignments. The expected start date of the assignment is no later than 15th April 2017.
How to apply
- Suitable applicants should forward their application and CV’s electronically to email@example.com or by hard copies to the AAU Secretariat, Address below.
The Human Resource and Administrative Officer
Association of African Universities
African Universities House,
Aviation Road Extension, Airport Residential Area
P.O.Box AN 5744, Accra-North
233 (0) 302 774495/761588
- Applications should reach the AAU on or before April 7, 2017.