These vacancies have been filled. Thank you
Below is a call for expression of interest for Qualified Professors to teach in the newly developed master study programme titled “Master of Public Administration in the Post-Crisis Era”
The Euro-Mediterranean University (EMUNI), is developing a master study programme titled Master of Public Administration in the Post-Crisis Era. This programme is offered entirely online, comprising 60 ECTS as part-time study. The programme is designed to be of particular relevance to those seeking quality online education to improve their knowledge and advance their careers in various sectors related to public administration, particularly to those from across the Mediterranean region and the African continent.
Key features of the programme:
- Contemporary approaches and practices in public administration with emphasis on the post-Covid19 emerging trends at the national, regional and international levels.
- Practice-oriented and focussed on applied aspects of public administration, while grounded in sound theoretical work.
- State-of-the-art online teaching methods and educational aids, providing a rich and interactive learning experience, while allowing students the flexibility to manage their own learning plan and schedule.
- Driven by the Sustainable Development Goals and empowering the individuals to be an engine of positive change in the transition towards sustainability.
- The programme will be topical, competence-based and involving an international group of students and teachers.
Purpose of the call
EMUNI University is looking for qualified Higher Education faculty members from within its network to develop, with strong professional support and guidance, the online teaching material of selected modules. The faculty members are also expected to teach their developed modules once the programme starts. As the Master programme unfolds, there will be opportunities for tutoring of students (advanced PhD students or PhD holders). Additionally, the programme will feature a number of guest lecturers from across the Mediterranean (mostly practitioners).
Areas of expertise wanted
The following are the courses to be offered in the programme. Expertise is sought within these courses, based on the attached Course Descriptions.
- Compulsory (Foundation) course (9 ECTS)
- Contemporary Approaches and Future Trends in Public Administration
- Elective courses (6 ECTS each)
- Public Policies and Sustainable Development
- Public Finance and Procurement
- Strategic Human Resources Management
- Local and Regional Governance
- Political Institutions and Processes
- Managing Crisis
- International Development Institutions
- Public Leadership in a Globalised World
- Social Innovation
- Public Administration and Higher Education
- Administration of Public Health
- Strategic Communication
- Future Cities
Conditions for teachers
- The ability and formal right to teach independently in the accredited universities in the national context, at the master level (academic titles: Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, Full Professor).
- Willingness to develop online teaching material, based on guidance for online teaching and full professional technical support. A high level of flexibility in the approach to teaching and strong willingness to learn new skills (in the online environment) are key.
- Ability to dedicate around 200 hours over the course of 3 months to the development of the compulsory 9-ECTS course, starting as soon as possible.
- Ability to dedicate around 150 hours over the course of 3 months to the development (of a 6-ECTS course), starting in September.
- The ability to teach online in limited scope once the course starts (around 8h/month).
- The consent of the employer / ability to get paid through an authorial contract.
Expression of Interest
Please send an expression of interest, accompanied by a CV, including the relevant professional experience and publications within the area(s) of the applied course(s) to Dr. Jerneja Penca, Head of Academic Affairs at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for expression of interest is 29th of July 2020.
At a later stage, selected faculty members will be required to submit their employer’s consent for collaboration in the study programme.