Call for Volunteers: Social Media Reporters for African University Day 2016October 12, 2016
Protected: Higher Education Consultation ResourcesOctober 20, 2016
Special invitation to AAU: University Advancement Workshop: Key to the Successful Strategic Positioning of 21st Century African Universities
Across the globe Higher Education Institutions are grappling with the challenge to ensure their financial stability – in an environment characterised by dwindling state funding and the increasing inability of both parents and students to afford the cost of university studies.
In this challenging and dynamic environment Higher Education institutions have to establish and /or reinforce their positions as indispensable key elements of ecosystems aimed at the optimal development of society in a local, regional and global sense.
The key responsibility of this immense task rests first and foremost on the shoulder of the Vice Chancellor/president of the University. They have primary responsibility to advance their respective universities to a position that is distinctly both ‘different’ and better’ to what it was before. Theirs is the task to harness both internal (staff and students) as well as external key players (governments, foundations, donors, individual givers, alumni and corporates) to strive towards the optimal advancement of the institution – in service of societal needs.
The workshop therefore focuses on the subject of optimal University Advancement and the key leadership role that should be played by the Vice Chancellor/ senior university managers to position and capacitize the University for optimal and sustainable advancement.
In particular the workshop will deal with the following subjects:
- Identifying and articulating a rallying cause for advancement – a call that should make your institution both distinctive and highly relevant; used to harness the support of both internal was well as external stakeholders and them taking co-ownership of the optimal advancement of the University
- Developing of an aspiring and unique business model for your particular university
- Developing a strategic advancement plan for your institution
- Identifying and developing a number of aligned flagship projects
- Building a ‘fit for advancement purposes’ capacity to sustain the advancement of the university:
- Marketing & Communication
- Development, Friend raising & Fundraising
- Alumni relations
- Handling of Bequests
- Recognition and stewardship structures
- The role of advancement volunteer structures
- The importance of Advancement Management Information Systems
- The importance of Advancement Patrons.
- The key roles to be played by the Vice Chancellor and senior university managers
- The extremely important and professional empowering functions that should by Marketing, Communication, Development and Alumni Relations professionals.
This is a unique opportunity for Vice Chancellors, university presidents, executive level university leaders as well as for professional Advancement managers (Marketing, communication, development, alumni relations) to, in a nurturing workshop context, grapple with and to be empowered with cutting edge advancement competencies. High-level advancement competencies crucial to the optimal advancement of each Africa University.
Do not miss this exciting workshop – it will provide a perfect framework to assess, design, re-design your institution’s advancement plans and actions for 2017 and beyond.
Come and share your institution’s advancement successes and challenges – so that we can learn from each other and in so doing, ensure the optimal advancement of our respective universities.
In the past this particular workshop has proven to be in high demand. Early registration is therefore essential as only a limited number of participants can be accommodated.
Looking forward to our discussions in Accra!
Prof. Etienne Ehile
The target audience for the next workshop includes:
- Vice Chancellors, Rectors, Presidents, DVC’s, Heads of Departments, Registrars, Chief Financial Officers, Chief Human Resources, Chief Protocol Officers of Africa HEI’s, – with the expectation that they should during the workshop articulate their needs in terms of the value adding services to the growth of Universities in Africa
US $ 600 per participant
This includes all programme material, refreshments (tea/coffee and lunches) as well as formal functions which are offered as part of the programme. It excludes traveling and accommodation.
Participants are responsible for their own travelling arrangements as well as for the cost of accommodation for the duration of the programme.
How to apply to attend the workshop
Complete the online application form
Airside Hotel, Accra, Ghana
The workshop details are as follows:
DATES: 13th to 15th December 2016 (Arrival – Monday, 12th December – departure, 16th or 17th December 2016).
COSTS: Inclusive of morning/afternoon refreshments, lunch, as well as all workshop materials:
ACCOMMODATION: Participants will stay at the hotel at a special rate of $100 that has been negotiated for workshop participants. Accommodation and related costs are to be borne by each participant
- Workshop Registration: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Hotel Reservation: For reservations you can contact
- Afafa Yomekpe at email@example.com
Kindly copy all hotel reservations made to Mrs Yvette Quashie firstname.lastname@example.org
Participants should kindly contact Mrs. Yvette Quashie for any enquiries and assistance needed to acquire visa to Accra:
SHUTTLE SERVICE: The hotel shuttle will pick participants at no cost, you only have to send your flight details to Afafa and Yvette.