(New Dates) Strengthening the delivery of post-graduate Education in African UniversitiesOctober 17, 2018
Call for Applications for Postgraduate ProgrammesOctober 29, 2018
The University of Lusaka is inviting applications from suitably qualified people to fill the position of Dean for the School of Medicine and Health Sciences.
The Dean will provide administrative and academic guidance on the programs in the School of Medicine and Health Sciences.
Key Performance Areas
- Position the School of Medicine and Health Sciences Programmes and ensure that they meet the University standards as well as global excellence standards.
- Ensure that all programmes meet the requirements of the regulatory bodies such as Health Professional Council of Zambia (HPCZ).
- Recruit and retain well qualified staff for the faculty.
- Participate in the recruitment of students for the School. This will be done in collaboration with Academic Office and Marketing Department.
- Create collaborations with medical institutions such as Hospitals.
- Develop, manage and implement the faculty strategic plan and aligning it to the University strategic plan.
- Represent the University appropriately by chairing or serving on internal and external committees and working on advisory groups as required.
- Ensure an exceptional good life-study experience for the students.
- Spearhead the review and improvement of all Medical Programmes.
- Attend to matters relating to the academic affairs of students within the School.
- Attend to disciplinary cases for both staff and students.
- Participate in the development of the University’s academic calendar
- Manage staff under him/her by encouraging them to continuously improve their qualifications to ensure that they are effective in the execution of their duties.
Key Attributes and Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent financial and human resource management
- Proactive decision maker
- Assertive and confident
- Very good organization and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent time management skills.
- Able to meet tight deadlines
- Team player and able to work under minimum supervision
- Willing to work long hours
- Able to handle conflicts
- Innovative and analytical thinker
- Substantive academic stature with a PhD
- A Master of Medicine and Bachelor of Medicine & Bachelor of Surgery
- A minimum of five (5) years’ experience in a similar capacity or senior academic level
- Member of HPCZ and must be very familiar with requirements of HPCZ.
- Proficiency in computer application systems and databases
- Unquestionable professional integrity, stature and abilities
- Ability to function under pressure
Interested candidates should send their applications together with copies of educational and professional certificates, and Curriculum Vitae with three traceable referees to the undersigned by 26th October 2018.
The Registrar – Administration
University of Lusaka
Off Alick Nkhata Road, Mass Media
P O Box 36711, Lusaka Zambia