Executive Seminar on Legal Issues, Procurement & Contract Management in HEIsSeptember 27, 2018
Call for Volunteer Social Media Reporters 2018October 3, 2018
To enhance teaching and learning in our higher institutions, the Association of African Universities (AAU) is offering a four-day training workshop titled Good Assessment Practices in Higher Education: Improving Teaching and Learning that seeks to equip teaching staff with the basic knowledge and skills in assessment to help improve teaching and learning.
The aim of this workshop is to equip teaching staff in higher education with the requisite skills and knowledge they need in students’ assessment, which will yield a significant improvement in teaching and learning.
The specific objectives of the workshop are to;
- Introduce participants to the various forms of assessment, its limitations and strengths as well as how they impact on teaching and learning.
- Expose participants to the various feedback systems and assessment practice when used efficiently will improve teaching and learning.
- Expose participants to assessment practices that either deflate or inflate students’ test score from reflecting his/her actual score on an academic task.
This workshop is meant for all staff of higher education institutions connected with students’ assessments.
Date and Venue
The workshop will take place on: 27th – 30th November, 2018 at Akosombo Continental Hotel, Akosombo, Ghana.
- Member Institutions: USD 350
- Non Member Institutions: USD 400
Dr. Eric Anane (Educational Measurement and Evaluation/Consultant & Data Analyst)
Registration link of the workshop