The goal of the webinar on the Response of African Higher Education Regulatory Bodies to COVID-19 Pandemic is to share information on how the regulatory agencies are supporting HEIs in coping with their teaching and learning during the crisis. The virtual meeting will further offer an opportunity to discuss best practices on how HEIs are offering uninterrupted educational services to students via distance learning. The event will also be used to collate information that will feed into the AAU core programme of activities and a resultant policy document on repositioning African HEIs as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic and the associated challenges.
The virtual meeting will hold, tomorrow, Thursday, 21 May 2020 beginning at 11:00am GMT. The meeting will be chaired and moderated by renowned international higher education specialist and development strategist, Dr. Beatrice Njenga. The following five Chief Executive Officers (CEOs) of national regulatory agencies are expected to speak for 10-15 minutes each:
1. Prof. Dzvimbo (CEO, Zimbabwe Council for Higher Education (ZIMCHE), Zimbabwe and President of Southern African Quality
Assurance Network (SAQAN)).
2. Prof. Salifu (Executive Secretary, National Council for Tertiary Education (NCTE), Ghana.
3. Prof. Anna Nhampule (President, National Council on Quality Assurance in Higher Education (CNAQ), Mozambique.
4. Dr. Juma Mukhana (Director General & CEO, Kenya National Qualifications Authority (KNQA), Kenya.
5. Prof. Youhansen Eid (CEO, National Authority of Quality Assurance and Accreditation of Education of Egypt (NAQAAE), Egypt.
At the end of the presentations of the CEOs, the Chair will then administer the Question/Answer Session where participants will have the opportunity to raise questions based upon the presentations and have them responded to. Also, other CEOs present who have further information to share will be allowed to briefly make their interventions.
TARGET AUDIENCE AND REGISTRATION INFORMATION
The webinar is meant for all the national and regional higher education regulatory bodies in Africa. The CEOs or their representatives are expected to participate and share information with their colleagues in Africa. The virtual meeting is expected to last for two hours (maximum) and begins by 11.00am GMT.
Registration Link for the webinar: https://www.aau.org/webinars/aauregis.php?webinar_id=28
The streaming link for the National Regulators Webinar https://meet53484183.adobeconnect.com/aau-sidawebinars/
For further information or technical challenges, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org