The College of Engineering at the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) calls for applications into its PhD, MPhil and MSc Programmes in Engineering.
The College, through the School of Graduate Studies, KNUST is pleased to announce the availability of limited partial funding to pursue a 3-year full time programmes in the following:
• PhD Bio-engineering
• PhD Computer Engineering
• PhD Materials Engineering
• PhD Sustainable Energy Technologies
• PhD Telecommunications Engineering
• PhD Chemical Engineering
• PhD Electrical and Electronic Engineering
Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply to take advantage of the funding opportunities available.
In conformity with the entry requirement of the School of Graduate Studies, Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, the successful candidate should have a minimum of:
• First or Second Class (Upper Division) in first degree
• Good Master’s degree with an average of at least 60%. Please refer to (POSTGRADUATE ADMISSIONS BROCHURE) for specific requirements related to the programme being applied for.
• Age limit is 40 years
• Candidates from non-Anglophone countries must have an internationally recognized Certificate of Proficiency in the English Language (TOEFL or British Council, IELTS)with above average score or be available to attend a three (3) months English language course at KNUST.
• Candidates with one publication in a journal as first author have an advantage.
• Evidence of current and previous employments.
Masters Programme (MSc/MPhil)
The College of Engineering is pleased to announce that limited partially-funded scholarships are available for applicants from Ghana and West African Countries to pursue 18 months full-time MSc programme or 24 months MPhil in the following specializations:
• MPhil Computer Engineering
• MPhil Bio-engineering
• MPhil Materials Engineering
• MPhil Power Systems Engineering
• MPhil Chemical Engineering
• MPhil Renewable Energy Technologies
• MPhil Telecommunications Engineering
• MSc Cyber Security and Digital Forensics
• MSc Renewable Energy Technologies
Females are encouraged to apply to take advantage of the funding opportunities available.
In conformity with the entry requirement of the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, the successful candidate will should have a minimum of:
• First or Second Class (Upper Division) in first degree in a relevant field. Please refer to (POSTGRADUATE ADMISSIONS BROCHURE) for relevant degrees for admission into your programme of choice.
• Candidates from non-Anglophone countries must have an internationally recognised Certificate of Proficiency in the English Language (TOEFL or British Council, IELTS) with above average score or be available to attend a three (3) months English language course at KNUST.
Completing Application Form
• Ghanaian Students: Candidates must purchase an e-voucher by paying the application fee of Two Hundred and Fifty Ghana Cedis (GH¢250.00) at the following banks: GCB, Consolidated Bank (CBG) or Ecobank. Upon payment of application fee, candidiates would receive an eVoucher containing an application number and pin that would grant access to the online admission portal. Candidates should then proceed to the online admission portal (https://apps.knust.edu.gh/admissions/) and begin the application process.
• International students: Access the KNUST application form via: Admission Portal (https://apps.knust.edu.gh/admissions/)and complete application form and attach all relevant documents
• Once the process has been completed, candidates MUST PRINT OUT 2 COPIES of the completed application form from the portal and submit signed copies (by post) to the School of Graduate Studies together with all relevant documents including Photocopies of Certificates, Recommendation Letters, and Transcript to the following address:
School of Graduate Studies
Deadline for the submission of application forms is 30th June, 2020.
Shortlisted candidates will be required to attend a selection interview in Kumasi OR via telephone/Skype. The date of the interview will be communicated after short listing.
Application supporting documents
• Completed application form with Two passport photographs
• Detailed CV and two letters of reference (one from a supervisor at the Master’s level)
• Official transcripts and certificates for BSc and MSc degrees
• Proof of ability to communicate in English for Candidates from non-Anglophone countries
• PhD and MPhil candidates are to submit soft and hard copies of a letter of motivation (max. two pages) with the heading outlining why you want to study, what makes you well-suited to study in your chosen specialization, current occupation, how the Programme will fit into your professional vision, how your home country stands to benefit after your training.
• PhD and MPhil candidates are to submit both soft and hard copies of a short concept note (max. 3 pages) outlining the justification, objectives, methodology and expected outcomes of a research idea.
All inquiries should be sent via email email@example.com
Dear Sir or Madam; I am Mozambican with MBA in Information System Management and I would like to apply for the Online/E_learning PhD in Bio-engineering or PhD in Sustainable Energy Technologies; but I have 43 years old I would like be clear if age is sensitive exclusion criteria.