Aim of the workshop:
The Resource Mobilisation Workshop aims to provide Vice Chancellors, Rectors, Registrars, Finance Directors, Development Officers and other key staff of Higher Education with a comprehensive overview of popular and successful strategies for mobilizing resources for their institutions. Practical learning activities will ensure that participants will be able to immediately apply their skills to acquire and manage necessary resources effectively
- Describe common strategies for fundraising with examples of successes and failures.
- Conduct an audit of their own institution’s existing fundraising efforts, identifying the present mix and areas of needed development. [Product: audit]
- Perform grant research, proposal writing and management. [Product: one-page grant proposal]
- Conduct direct appeals for donations using online fundraising, crowdsourcing methods, and special events. [Product: appeal letter]
- Plan approaches for alumni and members of the diaspora community
- Conduct prospect research of major donors, articulate the case for planned gifts and capital campaigns, and build an endowment. [Product: Case statement]
- Discuss the motivations of venture philanthropists and how they can support your institution.
- Describe how local businesses and multinational corporations can provide in-kind contributions and sponsorship and develop partnerships with corporations through practices such as cause-related marketing. [Product: identify corporate partner and strategy]
- Discuss strategies for earned income and entrepreneurial ventures.
- Create a one-page business plan using the Business Model Canvas. [Product: BMC]
- Develop a fundraising/RM plan for their institutions for the coming one-to-three years, including an appropriate mix of at least four funding sources. [Product: Fundraising Plan w/ resource mix]
- Vice Chancellors,
- Rectors, Registrars,
- Finance Directors/Officers,
- Development Officers
- key staff of Higher Education
SCHEDULED DATES AND LOCATIONS
- South Africa – 11-15 September, 2017 | READ MORE- RMW Information Brochure SA
- Rwanda – 18-22 September, 2017
- Nigeria – 23-27 October, 2017
- Egypt – 4-8 December, 2017| Novotel Cairo Airport Hotel, Cairo -Egypt
- Registration fee is US$700 and covers the workshop documents, lunch and tea/coffee breaks as well as a copy of conference proceedings.
Facilitator: Paul Ventura (PhD)