In the quest to compete in a global environment, the role of financial professionals has changed significantly and is still changing. It is simply not enough for financial professionals to limit their roles to the legendary ‘debit and credit’ function. Surveys continue to indicate that finance personnel will become increasingly involved with activities such as interpreting information, assisting in decision-making, improving processes, and evaluating performance. Finance professionals must therefore become a key part of the driving force for continuous improvement throughout their organizations.
It is on this note that, the Association of African Universities (AAU) is holding this workshop which will provide participants with the latest financial management strategies and techniques to keep their skills sharp, strong and focused to suit each stage of their career.
Objectives of the workshop
The four- day event will equip participants to:
* Have a broader knowledge base both in technology and in non-financial business areas.
* Learn how to spend less time on traditional processes and focus more on value-adding “consulting” activities.
* Learn how to use shared-service centres to reduce costs and leverage talent.
* Learn more effective and efficient means to assure compliance and good governance.
* Learn specific steps and areas for finance professionals to add value in their organization.
* Learn the requirements of moving to a lean system.
* Learn a framework and techniques to develop an effective measurement and reporting program.
* Learn the theory of constraints to identify better ways of managing expansions and capital expenditures.
* Learn the role of the finance professional in the continuous improvement process.
* Identify the core ethical responsibilities a finance officer has to the public and to his or her clients/employer
Facilitator: Prof. Adom-Frimpong (Chartered Accountant and Management Consultant)
* Finance Directors
* Internal Auditors
* Budget Heads
* Cost Managers
* Project Accountants
* Development partners & NGO’s and their interested stakeholders
DATE: 27th- 30th November, 2018
VENUE: Association of African Universities Secretariat, Accra, Ghana
Registration Fees (to cover tuition, workshop materials, certificates, snacks and lunch)
US$250 – (payment by November 16th, 2018) US$300 – Late payment (after November 16th , 2018)
Registration Link: https://www.research.net/r/CFSPWK5
For further enquiries, please contact Frank Adjei – firstname.lastname@example.org, cc email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
Telephone Number (WhatsApp Number): +233 24 404 2835
I teach Financial Management in Church Institutions to priests, religious sisters and other managers of church institutions from the countries of Eastern Africa.