PRINCIPAL OF COLLEGE OF BUSINESS AND ECONOMICS
PRINCIPAL OF COLLEGE OF MEDICINE AND HEALTH SCIENCES
Following the appointment of two Principals to other roles, the University of Rwanda seeks to fill the key positions of Principal at both the College of Business and Economics and the College of Medicine and Health Sciences. The Colleges are structured into Schools, Centres, and Departments delivering general and professional training as well as carrying out research across disciplines.
The position of Principal is a senior position in the University and the post-holder is expected to be a leader in academia, with excellent people management skills, and a genuine commitment to the development of students and staff.
Eligible applicants should demonstrate:
Reporting to the Office of the Vice Chancellor, the Principal as Head of the College is responsible to Senate and the Offices of the Deputy Vice Chancellors for promoting and maintaining academic management excellence, efficiency and effectiveness in the College. S/he is responsible to the Vice Chancellor for:
2. creating a conducive and collegial environment for personal growth of staff
3. establishing an environment in which students learn effectively, staff teach and research effectively, and administrative staff work efficiently
4. providing leadership geared at achieving academic objectives of that College within agreed timeframes and budget
5. taking a lead in the identification, mobilization and distribution of teaching, learning and research resources
6. ensuring that senior managers and all staff carry out their duties effectively and efficiently and are held accountable for their activities
7.developing new curricula and reviewing existing ones to ensure that the right degree programmes produce graduates with the right skills and competences
8.modelling the values, attitudes and behaviours of a quality leader, manager and academic
9.fostering cross-disciplinary partnerships in the one University
10.marketing the College by giving it visibility through interaction with industry, the public sector, the donor community and the wider world
11. overseeing that teaching, learning, research, consultancy and admission standards are maintained at the highest level
12.effectively managing time when chairing meetings and Committees
13.attending University meetings and carrying out other assignments delegated to her/him by the Vice Chancellor
A competitive salary plus a package of fringe benefits commensurate with the position of Principal will be provided to the successful applicant in keeping with the University of Rwanda structure.
Rwandan citizens and women are encouraged to apply.
Office of the Vice Chancellor, University of Rwanda,
E-mail with subject heading ‘Confidential Principal Application’ to email@example.com.
About University of Rwanda
The University of Rwanda (UR) is a Rwandan public high learning institution, established by law N0 71/2013 of 10/09/2013 and determining its mission, powers, organization and functioning. UR boasts six Colleges – Agriculture, Animal Sciences and Veterinary Medicine, Arts and Social Sciences, Business and Economics, Education, Medicine and Health Sciences, and Science and Technology. Its mission is to deliver quality education and develop innovative teaching and research to address the problems of the nation, the region and the world. Since its creation, UR has demonstrated growth in key areas.