The Association of African Universities (AAU), an International Non-Governmental Organization (INGO), with headquarters in Accra, Ghana, was set up on 12th November 1967 by Universities in Africa to promote cooperation among themselves and between them and the international academic community. We are looking for a reliable professional with broad knowledge of all accounting, financial, and business principles, to serve as our Director of Finance. He or She must be a strategic thinker and an effective leader who can make the most profitable decisions.
The Director of Finance will oversee all financial aspects of the organization and drive the organization’s financial strategy and planning. He or She will be responsible for assessing the financial performance of the organization as well as possible risks and investments.
Job Title (DIRECTOR OF FINANCE)
Organisational Unit Finance Department
Duty Station Accra, Ghana
Purpose of Post
This vacancy is a Senior Management Position. The incumbent, will report to the Secretary-General and be responsible for the efficient and cost-effective management of the finance and accounts at the Secretariat of the Association of African
Universities and will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Drive the financial planning of the organization by analysing its performance and risks
- Retain constant awareness of the organisation’s financial position and act to prevent problems
- Set up and oversee the organization’s finance IT system
- Set targets for and supervise all accounting and finance personnel (management accountants, internal auditors etc.)
- Oversee all audit and internal control operations
- Develop the corporate fundraising strategy and manage relationships with partners and investors
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a quarterly and annual basis
- Conduct analysis to make forecasts and report to the Secretary-General
- Ensure adherence to financial laws and guidelines
- Proper management of donor funds in strict adherence to the donor grant agreements.
- Preparation of the annual budget, annual report, and long-term financial projections for review and approval by the AAU Executive Board; Timely and accurate completion of external financial audits; Ensuring safe custody of fixed assets by maintaining an accurate asset register and appropriate level of asset insurance; Active participation in the strategic management of the AAU as a member of the senior management team; and
- Providing financial analysis and appropriate advice to Management, the Board, and donors on all decisions with a significant financial implication.
- Closing date for receipt of applications is, 25th August, 2022. The Association reserves the right to extend the closing date if deemed necessary and the right to make no appointment.
- The Association of African Universities will respond to short-listed candidates only.
Only short-listed candidates will be invited for an interview.
Read more about this position here and apply