Theme: Revitalizing the 21st Century Higher Education Quality Assurance (QA) Personnel, Systems, Tools, Processes and Procedures
Aim of the workshop
Intensive training to equip HE QA personnel with the foundations for efficient and effective operations. In addition, the workshop aims to sensitize and bring awareness of what quality in HE is now all about and the current continental and regional activities related to QA. It will also assist to develop QA knowledge and skills of Higher and Tertiary Education personnel since most of them do not have the professional qualifications.
Key aspects to be covered include internal and external QA: Strategies for developing, promoting and sustaining the quality culture, QA policies, manuals and management systems, research quality, curriculum design and review, teaching and learning, effective student assessment, dealing with resistance to QA, preparing for institutional and programme accreditation. The designing and use of communication, documentation and data collection tools in QA for monitoring and evaluation of students and staff will also be covered.
Objectives of the workshop
- Bring an awareness of the Pan African Quality Assurance and Accreditation Framework (PAQAF) and the associated aspects including the Addis Convention, Agenda 2063, Continental Education Strategy for Africa (CESA), African Quality Rating Mechanism (AQRM), African Standards and Guidelines (ASG-QA), Tuning Africa, the Pan-African University and the Harmonization of African Higher Education Quality Assurance and Accreditation (HAQAA)
- Share knowledge and information on the important endowments and characteristics of a robust higher education QA system.
- Equip participants with the background knowledge that informs good QA practices in HE.
- Share knowledge and skills of the diverse ways of assuring quality in institutions of higher learning in order to expose to participants the importance of viable QA systems.
- Make known to participants the recommended new modes and models of QA for HE institutions.
- Bring awareness of Quality Assurance and increase the visibility of the Quality Assurance activities in African Higher Education.
- Foster cooperation with other Quality Assurance Officers of higher education within the continent.
- Disseminate Quality Assurance endeavours and benchmarks in African Higher education through all the possible means of communication.
- Encourage the harmonization of African Higher Education through the African Standards, Guidelines and Benchmarks as well as the African Quality Rating Mechanism (AQRM) tool for institutional evaluations for QA in HEIs.
- Train and sustain a pool of QA Officers in the region for the multiplier effect of quality assurance in African Higher Education Institutions.
- University lecturers
- Polytechnics lecturers
- College lecturers
- Departmental Chairpersons
- Quality Assurance personnel in Higher Education Institutions, Colleges and Polytechnics
- Directors of Academic and Academic support services
- Deputy Vice Chancellors
- Students in Higher & Tertiary Education
- Any person who requires capacity building in QA knowledge and skill
Date of the workshop
6th -7th July, 2019
Al Azhar University, Cairo, Egypt
REGISTRATION LINK: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BWHHSM2
The workshops comes off 2 days before the Conference of Rectors, Vice-Chancellors and Presidents of African Universities (COREVIP). We hope the heads of your institutions are preparing to attend this event.
- i) US$100 or Egyptian Pounds Equivalent for Egyptians who are attending both the Pre-Conference QA Workshop and COREVIP.
N/B: So the US$200 for COREVIP will still be paid because the US$100 is for the Pre-Conference Workshop only and it will be collected on the 1st day of the workshop to cater for expenses.
- ii) US$200 or Egyptian Pounds Equivalent for Egyptians who are attending the Pre-Conference QA Workshop only
iii) US$300 for other nationals who will attend the Pre-Conference QA Workshop only
- iv) US$200 for other nationals who will attend both the Pre-Conference QA Workshop and COREVIP
N/B: Payment can be done on site on the first day of the workshop.
PLEASE CONTACT THE FOLLOWING PEOPLE FOR MORE DETAILS AND LOGISTICAL ISSUES:
1.Dr Violet Makuku, Association of African Universities (AAU), Accra, Ghana:
+233 263 129 798 firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
- Prof Amany El Sharif, Al Azhar Univeristy, AAU North Africa Regional Office (NARO), Cairo, Egypt
+201 110 660 444 firstname.lastname@example.org
- AAU North Africa Regional Office (NARO), Cairo, Egypt email@example.com
Workshop Concept Note: Please Download Here