Call for InternsMay 13, 2019
Workshop on Research Leadership, Transparency, Communication, Partnerships and CollaborationMay 17, 2019
The Association of African Universities has partnered with the Open University of Tanzania (OUT) to deliver a hands-on workshop on Educational Technologies. The workshop will take place on: 30th July to 2nd August, 2019 at the Open University of Tanzania (OUT), Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
This workshop focuses on the use of educational technologies in facilitating learning by creating, using, and managing appropriate technological processes and resources. It views educational technologies as the tools and media that assist in the communication of knowledge, and its development and exchange. It covers the scope of computer-based training, online learning, and mobile technologies. It is designed to provide participants with the requisite knowledge, skills and experience in implementing technology in a pedagogically sound learning environment.
At the end of the workshop, participants should be able to:
- Understand the relationship between educational technology and other terms in the learning situation;
- Acquire adequate understanding of the importance of technology in education.
- Gain hands-on experience with basic open source educational technologies that enhances classroom teaching and learning.
- Examine the development of educational technologies over the years.
- Review ethical issues in the use of educational technologies
- Apply technology resources and tools appropriately when implementing administrative practices, instruction, assessment and evaluation
The workshop targets Information technology (e-learning) administrators, university administrators, faculty members and academic professionals who are interested in acquiring pedagogical and technical skills needed to successfully integrate technology in their classroom and those responsible for the training of instructors involved in creating online courses.
- Tanzanian (local) Institutions: $ 300
- International higher educational Institutions: $ 400
Individuals interested in attending the training workshop, should complete an online registration forms https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/EDUTECH_AAU before 27th July, 2019. Late registration will be considered based on available spaces.