University for Development Studies| Tamale, Ghana| October 2-5, 2018
Theme: Revitalizing the 21st Century Higher Education Quality Assurance (QA) Personnel, Systems, Tools, Processes and Procedures
Aim of the workshop
Intensive training to equip HE QA personnel with the foundations for efficient and effective operations. Key aspects to be covered include internal and external QA: Strategies for developing, promoting and sustaining the quality culture, QA policies, manuals and management systems, research quality, curriculum design and review, teaching and learning, effective student assessment, dealing with resistance to QA, preparing for institutional and programme accreditation. The designing and use of communication, documentation and data collection tools in QA for monitoring and evaluation of students and staff. In addition, the workshop aims to sensitize and bring awareness of what quality in HE is now all about and the current continental and regional activities related to QA and assist to develop QA knowledge and skills of HE personnel since most of them do not have the professional qualifications.
Objectives of the workshop
- Share knowledge and information on the important endowments and characteristics of a robust higher education QA system.
- Equip participants with the background knowledge that informs good QA practices in HE.
- Share knowledge and skills of the diverse ways of assuring quality in institutions of higher learning in order to expose to participants the importance of viable QA systems.
- Make known to participants the recommended new modes and models of QA for HE institutions.
- Bring awareness of Quality Assurance and increase the visibility of the Quality Assurance activities in African Higher Education.
- Foster cooperation with other Quality Assurance Officers of higher education within the continent.
- Disseminate Quality Assurance endeavours and benchmarks in African Higher education through all the possible means of communication.
- Encourage the harmonization of African Higher Education through the African Standards, Guidelines and Benchmarks as well as the African Quality Rating Mechanism (AQRM) tool for institutional evaluations for QA in HEIs.
- Train and sustain a pool of QA Officers in the region for the multiplier effect of quality assurance in African Higher Education Institutions.
- University lecturers
- Polytechnics lecturers
- College lecturers
- Departmental Chairpersons
- Quality Assurance personnel in Higher Education Institutions, Colleges and Polytechnics
- Directors of Academic and Academic support services
- Deputy Vice Chancellors
- Students in Higher & Tertiary Education
- Any person who requires capacity building in QA knowledge and skills
Date of the workshop
2nd – 5th October, 2018
Venue of the workshop
University for Development Studies (UDS) Conference Centre, Tamale, Ghana
i) Ghana Nationals: US$250. 00
Other Nationals: ii) AAU Members US$300. 00 iii) Non-AAU Members $350. 00
Facilitators: Dr Violet Makuku (Quality Assurance Specialist & the HAQAA Initiative Project Officer at AAU) and other renowned experts in the area.
Registration Link of the workshop and Bank Account Detailso: https://www.research.net/r/5ZrTAM8GHAN18
- i) Dr. Violet Makuku, Accra, Ghana: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
WhatsApp Mobile No: +233 263 129 798
- ii) Prof Elias N. K. Sowley University of Developmental Studies, Tamale, Ghana: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
WhatsApp Mobile No: +233 506 388 784