The Association of African Universities (AAU) in Collaboration with the Commission for University Education, Kenya will offer a Quality Assurance Workshop on the 21st Century Innovative & Learner-centred Pedagogical Skills for Universities, Polytechnics and Colleges.
The aim of this workshop is to impart knowledge and skills related to teaching and learning in higher education to those lecturers who have an interest in updating or upgrading themselves to new modes of teaching and knowledge dissemination in higher education.
- Share knowledge on the important endowments and characteristics of a good lecturer
- Equip participants with the background knowledge that informs the teaching and learning practices
- Impart knowledge and skills of the diverse ways of teaching and learning using various Information and Communication Technologies (ICTs)
- Make known to participants the recommended new modes of teaching and the various associated activities
- Impart knowledge and skill on the management of tertiary education classes/classrooms
- To expose to participants the importance of students’ physical and socio-economic environments in teaching and learning.
Participation is open to all who are teaching and managing teaching and learning (e.g. QA Personnel) in Higher Education/Tertiary institutions regardless of the area of speciality except those who already have a teaching qualification and any other personnel who are involved in teaching activities.
Date: Tuesday 10th – Friday 13th October, 2017
Venue:School of Monetary Studies, Kenya
USD 500.00 for member universities and
USD 550.00 for non-Member universities
N/B: Further details will be announced in due course.