The impact of the various socio-political, socio-economic as well as competitive driving forces are such that it is quite likely that Africa’s HEI’s, collectively and individually, will be confronted with fundamental decisions that may very well involve their future sustainable success.
This also informed AAU’s decisions when the focus and range of 2018 University Advancement workshops had to be determined.
Higher Education institutions function in different ecosystems and have to deal with different contextual prompts. However all Higher Education institutions are currently experiencing major driving forces necessitating a total re-look, a total re-positioning as well as transformed behavior and outcomes – in order to ensure sustained success in the 21st century. This workshop, being organised under the theme Africa’s Higher Education institutions in the 21st century: An age of discontinuity will provide university leaders with the facilitated opportunity to:
- Identify and engage with the key driving forces that prompt fundamental transformational response
- Familiarize themselves with cutting edge approaches and ‘tools’ that they can employ on the ongoing transformational journey
- Focus on the key people issues that should be addressed (University’s people hold the key to successful transformation)
- Reflect, in terms of both internal and external linkages, on good governance of the University in these turbulent transformational times.
This cutting-edge workshop is aimed at Chairpersons and members of University Councils, Vice chancellors/ presidents of Higher Education Institutions, Deputy Vice Chancellors, Deans, executive level HEI managers as well as directors of Marketing, Development and Alumni affairs.
Due to the interactive and participative nature of the workshop, participants are welcome to prepare short PowerPoint presentations on how their respective institutions deal with the challenges of the 21st century.
Such presentations (maximum 15 minutes presentation per institution) will be factored into the workshop programme. Participants are encouraged to share their respective institutions’ specific approaches to the challenges of the 21st Century, in this manner.
The target audience for the workshop includes:
- Vice Chancellors, Rectors, Presidents, DVC’s, Heads of Departments, Registrars, Chief Financial Officers, Chief Human Resources, Chief Protocol Officers of Africa HEI’s, – with the expectation that they should during the workshop articulate their needs in terms of the value adding services to the growth of Universities in Africa
US $ 600 per participant
This includes all programme materials, refreshments (tea/coffee and lunches) as well as formal functions which are offered as part of the programme. It excludes traveling and accommodation.
Participants are responsible for their own travelling arrangements as well as for the cost of accommodation for the duration of the programme.
How to apply to attend the workshop
Complete the online application form from here: https://www.research.net/r/UnivAdvKenya18
VENUE: SILVER SPRING HOTEL, NAIROBI KENYA
The workshop details are as follows:
DATES: 25th to 27th July 2018 (Arrival – Tuesday, 24th July departure, Saturday & Sunday 28th or 29th July 2018).
COSTS: Inclusive of morning/afternoon refreshments, lunch, as well as all workshop materials:
ACCOMMODATION: Participants will stay at a special rate of $100 that has been negotiated for workshop participants. Accommodation and related costs are to be borne by each participant
- Workshop Registration: email@example.com
Hotel Reservation: For reservations you can contact the following:
firstname.lastname@example.org Copy to: <email@example.com>
- CONTACT PERSON (s):
- JOHN MWAI – firstname.lastname@example.org
- MARGARET MBURU – email@example.com
Kindly copy all hotel reservations to Mrs Yvette Quashie @ firstname.lastname@example.org and Johnson Kinyua @email@example.com
Participants should kindly contact the Host Institutions contact person for any enquiries and assistance needed to acquire visa to Kenya:
CONTACT PERSON: Johnson Kinyua, Director of University Advancement
University of Nairobi, Kenya
AIRPORT TRANSFERS: The Hotel will avail shuttle services at a cost.
- Saloon car for 3 passengers at $ 20 (one way trip airport to hotel)
- Van for 5 passengers at $ 30 (one way trip airport to hotel)
EXCURSION: The University of Nairobi will provide a shuttle on the final day (27th July Afternoon) to visit the University campuses or to go out shopping.
Please Download the invitation letter for this workshop here –Invitation Letter_ University Advancement Workshop_Kenya