APPEL OUVERT À PARTICIPATION D’AGENCES D’ASSURANCE QUALITÉ / ORGANISMES D’ASSURANCE QUALITÉ DANS L’ENSEIGNEMENT SUPÉRIEURApril 10, 2018
African Youth SummitApril 11, 2018
The Association of African Universities (AAU) is holding the INAUGURAL WORKSHOP ON LEGAL ISSUES IN HIGHER EDUCATION INSTITUTIONS in AFRICA. This four day workshop to be held in Botswana is aimed at introducing participants to some of the cross cutting legal issues in higher education administration and provide insight to some of the legal considerations that should guide their resolution. It also seeks to give an indication of the attitude of the courts towards some key legal themes that affect higher education. The issues raised and the reasoning provided is not based on particular legal system but on generic principles of law known to both civil and common-law jurisdictions.
It is of particular relevance to Vice Chancellors, Deputy Vice Chancellors, University Legal Counsel, Librarians, Registrars, Deans of Students Affairs, Deans of Faculties, and Heads of Departments, Campus Managers and all stakeholders of higher education in Africa.
Date: June 5-8, 2018
Venue: Travel Lodge Hotel, Gaborone-Botswana
Workshop Themes and Learning Outcomes
The Legal Issues in HEIs workshop is based on the following themes:
- Current legal cases brought against/involving HEIs in Africa
- How to conduct a prompt, thorough and equitable investigation
- Legal issues in hiring, promotion, and tenure
- The Laws guiding students and employees affairs
- The legal status of HEIs
- Legal framework for governance at HEIs
- Intellectual Property Rights
- The Law on Sexual Harassment
- Data Protection
Mr. Solomon Faakye: Barrister & Solicitor – Supreme Court of Ghana and General Counsel and Head of Legal Section, University of Cape coast.
Registration Link: https://www.research.net/r/HEIlegalissues
- Registration fee is US$ 500, which covers the workshop documents, lunch and tea/coffee breaks as well as a copy of workshop proceedings.
- Late Registration (after deadline of 30th May, 2018) = US$600
Please Access the Concept Note for Further Information – Concept Note_ Legal Issues in Higher Education in Africa
Please Access the Programme Outline for your information – Programme Outline_Legal Issues in Higher Education