The AAU Secretariat continues to receive requests by potential partners who wish to collaborate with African Universities and other Tertiary Educational Institutions in various areas. We invite Vice Chancellors, Heads of Institutions and Partnership Officers in African Higher Educational Institutions to explore the following Requests for Partnerships
A) INDEPTH Network
INDEPTH is a pioneer in health and population research work, providing answers to some of the most important questions in development. The INDEPTH Network generates huge quantities of high-quality, harmonised data on the health dynamics of the population under longitudinal evaluation. INDEPTH invites African Universities and students to explore this data and statistics for potential use in Health and Population Research. Kindly check the following links:
B) Institute for the Advancement of Developing Economies (IADE) Higher Education Capacity Building (HECB) Program
IADE has approached the AAU with a keen interest to advertise its proprietary Higher Education Capacity Building (HECB) Program. The IADE HECB is an innovative program that functions through a number of customizable program areas designed to strategically advance the quality, competiveness, and visibility of higher education institutions in Africa. IADE is keen to work with African University leaders to realize their universities’ vision for growth, sustainability and relevance. IADE HECB program areas, approach, and deliverables are proprietary and designed to get the desired results for the participating institutions. IADE is also working on engaging with the ministries/departments of education in various African countries.
IADE HECB program areas include:
HECB Program Area 1: Positioning Institutions for International Funding Opportunities
HECB Program Area 2: Enhancing Institutions’ Scientific Research Publication Output and Visibility
HECB Program Area 3: Launching High-Impact Academic, Professional, and Certificate Programs
HECB Program Area 4: Applying and Preparing for International Accreditation
To sign up for these program areas please contact:
THEO UDEIGWE, PhD
+ 1 225 715 3614
Please find more information on the IADE HECB Program from: http://developingeconomies.org/hecb/
IADE also publishes the Journal for the Advancement of Developing Economies (JADE) and submission and publication is 100% FREE for all AAU-member institutions.
C) The Conversation Africa: A partnership between African Universities and Media
The important research work that is done by African Universities continues to be invisible and difficult to explain to key stakeholders. The Conversation Africa invites experienced researchers to publish articles through The Conversation Africa. The Conversation Africa is a news and analysis website which is a collaboration between journalists and academics. Academics work with the editors to craft their pieces, but academics maintain final control over the final article.
The Conversation Africa is part of an international network and is dedicated to transforming knowledge from universities and research institutions into concise, readable articles. It attracts over 200 000 readers to its website, and under Creative Commons licence, articles are free republish giving reaching close to excess of 1.3 million reads monthly, with pieces that originally ran in The Conversation also appearing in Time, Quartz, The Guardian, the Mail & Guardian, the Daily Nation, The Standard, All Africa, Timeslive, and many other publishing outlets on the continent and around the world.
The Conversation Africa covers Arts and Culture, Business and Economy, Education, Energy and Environment, Health and Medicine, Politics and Society and Science and Technology. Articles are either commissioned by editors, or pitched by academics, and might be analysis around a news event, an article about the academic’s latest research or analysis of research in the public domain, among others. Please check the following links
- Check their website: https://theconversation.com/africa
- Sign up for The Conversation Africa newsletter: https://theconversation.com/africa/newsletter
AAU signed a Memorandum of Understanding with eLearnAfrica to develop and make available to our member universities eLearning technologies designed for African universities and their students. AAU collaborates with eLearnAfrica in the following areas:
- Design of an innovative Learning Management System to encourage daily use by professors and students, while providing university administrators with valuable data analysis.
- eLearnAfrica acts as a continental marketplace for online degree programs and academic courses developed by African universities.
- eLearnAfrica is ready to work directly with our member universities to develop educational materials and make these accessible through the Zuree LMS via desktop and mobile devices, which is vital for reaching students.
The eLearnAfrica website is: http://www.elearnafrica.com/
E) Private Sector Educational Technology Companies
AAU partnered with 10 Educational Technology Private Sector Companies to host the inaugural 2017 Executive Educational Technology Forum as part of celebrating the Annual African Universities Week in Accra, Ghana. The 10 companies listed below are very keen to provide quality services to African Higher and Tertiary Educational Institutions:
- PEOPLELINK UNIFIED COMMUNICATION for Video Conferencing Solutions (http://www.peoplelinkvc.com/)
- CHALKBOARD EDUCATION for mobile learning solutions (https://www.chalkboard.education/)
- METRISYS GHANA LIMITED for Academic Laboratory Solutions (metrisys.com)
- POINT OF VIEW INTERNATIONAL for learning devices, educational content, internet connectivity and project financing solutions (http://www.pointdevue-afrique.com/)
- SWIFTA SYSTEMS AND SERVICES for technology service delivery and business change management (http://www.swifta.com/)
- mNOTIFY COMPANY LIMITED for the design of communication solutions to improve engagement between institutions and their target audiences (https://www.mnotify.com/)
- SPEARHEAD NETWORKS LIMITED for ICT security marketing, training, and consultancy (https://www.spearheadnet.net/)
- MELIMU EDUTECH PVT LTD offers a Digital University-in-a-Box Platform (melimu.com)
- ISYX TECHNOLOGIES provide ICT infrastructure & information security Solutions, business process consulting, ERP solutions and analytics (http://www.isyxtech.com/)
- ACTIVE BUSINESS offer email management, website hosting and development, corporate branding, ICT / business consultancy and technical support (http://activebusiness.com.gh/)
F) Pontificia Bolivariana University, Colombia
Pontificia Bolivariana University is interested in promoting intercultural, social, academic and research exchanges as an opportunity of multilateral agreements between Colombia and African countries through universities. Please contact the Director of International Affairs – Mr. Miguel Ángel Betancur via Dr Estella Agudelo Sanchez email@example.com
G) Ain Shams University, Egypt
Ain Shams University based in Cairo, Egypt has expressed interest to collaborate with other African Universities in the areas of telemedicine and teleneurology. They call on African Schools of Health and Medicine to contact them concerning the following:
- Treat Teach Initiative on Teleneurology
- 39th Annual Ain Shams Medical Congress, 12-13 March 2018, Cairo, Egypt
- Movement Disorders Virtual School: Bridges and Boundaries: http://www.asuvh.com/movementdisorders/
Email Dr Tamer Emara on: firstname.lastname@example.org