The Association of African Universities (AAU) is holding the 3rd Resource Mobilisation Workshop (RMW III) which seeks to provide Vice-Chancellors, Rectors, Registrars, Heads of Department, Finance Directors, Development Officers, Resource Mobilisation Officers, Project Administrators, Accountants and other key staff of Higher Education Institutions with a comprehensive overview of popular and successful strategies for mobilizing resources for their institutions. The practical learning activities will ensure that participants will be able to immediately apply their skills to acquire and manage necessary resources effectively to improve quality delivery of Higher Education in Africa.
Date: March 13 -16, 2018
Venue: Kigali, Rwanda
Host: University of Rwanda
Workshop Objectives and Learning Outcomes
The Resource Mobilization workshop seeks to:
1. Describe common strategies for fundraising with examples of successes and failures.
2. Conduct an audit of their own institution’s existing fundraising efforts, identifying the present mix and areas of needed development.
3. Perform grant research, proposal writing and management. Conduct direct appeals for donations using online fundraising, crowd sourcing methods, and special events.
4. Plan approaches for alumni and members of the diaspora community
5. Conduct prospect research of major donors, articulate the case for planned gifts and capital campaigns, and build an endowment.
6. Discuss the motivations of venture philanthropists and how they can support your institution.
7. Describe how local businesses and multinational corporations can provide in-kind contributions and sponsorship and develop partnerships with corporations through practices such as cause-related marketing
8. Discuss strategies for earned income and entrepreneurial ventures.
9. Create a one-page business plan using the Business Model Canvas.
10. Develop a fundraising/resource mobilization plan for their institutions for the coming one-to-three years, including an appropriate mix of at least four funding sources.
Prof. (Mrs.) Rosemond Boohene : She is an Associate Professor of Enterprise Development at the Centre for Entrepreneurship and Small Enterprise Development (CESED), University of Cape Coast with more than eighteen years (18) experience.
- Registration fee is US$ 500 which covers the workshop documents, lunch and tea/coffee breaks as well as a copy of workshop proceedings.
- Late Registration (after deadline of 10th March, 2018) = US$600
Please access full information on this workshop here: RMW Information Brochure_Rwanda